The Wildcat Roar

The Student News Site of Novi High School

The Wildcat Roar

The Wildcat Roar

BSA celebrates Black students

Being a Black student comes with encountering challenges and the Black Student Alliance Interest Group (BSA) opens the gates of what this may look like for Black students. Junior Kalyse Bennett junior provided the essence of BSA, which is held in Ms. Spring’s classroom.

“So basically, BSA is about creating a black voice at Novi High School and just creating a safe space for all of us since it’s not really represented in the district. And yeah, I love that,” Bennett said.

Through meetings about natural hair, art and other topics, BSA is becoming a strong advocate for black voices and a safe space where representation is not just an aspiration, but a tangible achievement.

Bennett said the club is a driving force for creating valuable relationships and bonds. Meetings are not just about coming together, they are about creating connections that last a lifetime. 

“I have developed numerous friendships, particularly those formed during high school and through leadership activities. Initially, I was not acquainted with individuals but now we have established a close-knit circle of friends,” Bennett said.

BSA meets every Wednesday after school in 220.