The Wildcat Roar

The Student News Site of Novi High School

The Wildcat Roar

The Wildcat Roar

Join recycling club for the upcoming 2024-2025 school year

Officers of recycling club give voice to how you can join recycling club for the next school year.
Jason Choe
Members of recycling club take recycling materials to the dumpster.

Now that the school year is coming to a close, officers of Recycling Club are talking about how you can join the club for the upcoming school year.

“We are a group that meets every Wednesday after school. Members of our club sign in at the atrium. Anyone can sign up for recycling club at the start of the school year or the new semester.” sophomore Carrie Ong, an officer of the recycling club, said.

Groups of students are assigned rooms to collect bins from. Each classroom has a blue bin and a green bin. The blue bin is for recycling plastics, and the green bin is for recycling paper. The recycling groups collect these bins and bring them outside, where a few of the officers help separate and empty the materials into the carts. Members receive volunteering hours for recycling every week.

“I think recycling is a simple yet effective way of helping the environment, and I am glad to be a part of this club to support recycling and environmental efforts at our Novi High School.” junior Ayan Siraj, an officer of recycling club said.