The Wildcat Roar

The Student News Site of Novi High School

The Wildcat Roar

The Wildcat Roar

Seniors commit to colleges, cite reasons for choices

It’s that time of year where seniors are committing to colleges and leaving us Wildcats. Let’s take a look into some of our seniors and where they will be attending.

Aubrey Evans was accepted to Eastern Michigan University. She’s very excited to go. “My boyfriend and my family also attend Eastern. I am excited to go there because I’ve had family attend and I know the community is very supportive,” she said.

Evans recommends rising seniors devote time to the college application process.

“Don’t stress, take your time slow, and don’t rush,” Evans said.

Emily Woytowich will be attending Central Michigan University. She said she knows two other people that will be attending Central and said that she’s very excited to go there. 

“Not many people I know are going there, and I get a fresh start. I’m also eager to start doing what I want to do!” Woytowich said.

She left a piece of wisdom for younger Wildcats. 

“College time is stressful for a while if you let it be stressful, but it doesn’t last forever. In the end you will be happy wherever you are,” Woytowich said.

Hannah Jeong got accepted into Calvin University. Even though she doesn’t know anyone that’s going to Calvin she’s still looking forward to attending. 

“I am so excited because I want to pursue elementary education and they have a great program there,” Jeong said. 

She also recommends that students find balance during high school.

“Grades matter but always prioritize your mental health first.”