The Wildcat Roar

The Student News Site of Novi High School

The Wildcat Roar

The Wildcat Roar

New season of Loki brings new challenges

The second season “Loki” is available on Disney Plus.

“Loki” is a show that gained prominence after Disney began its journey of making Marvel TV shows. The first season was released in 2021, and had good reviews from Marvel fans. The recent release of season two has fans wondering “Will this sequel please the public in the same way?” 

At the moment, only two episodes are streaming. Marvel wanted to start the show with a lot of excitement, something unusual. Typically, these productions begin at a really slow and uninteresting pace and end in spurts, but it’s not a surprise, because “Moon Knight”, “Ms. Marvel”, and “Secret Invasion” started to change the way that Marvel starts it shows. “WandaVision” was the first Marvel series of Disney Plus, and people stopped watching because the show didn’t have the action and adrenaline that the public was waiting for. Marvel saw that the public was not liking the beginning of the productions, and they changed, making more eventful and interesting initial episodes.

I think the show should be a good production; I’m only worried about the ending. I liked the production of this series. It has its own personality with the colors and the good effects, it’s not generic. However, at the same time, I saw “Secret Invasion” being a good show until the fourth episode, and the two last ones made me cry (but not in an exciting way, but because it was frustrating). One thing I’ve already noticed, if the production is about a cinema hero that the public is already more familiar with, the budget of the series is greater than the series that introduces new characters. Compare “WandaVision” with “She Hulk”, “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” with “Moon Knight”. And it’s a good thing that “Loki” is one of those series that benefits, as it involves many effects with the issue of powers, time travel, going to another planet, etc. Personally, I’m very curious about Kang, as he is the great villain of this saga of Marvel, the new Thanos. I see that there is a lot of investment in this new character. If I were you, I wouldn’t underestimate him.

The beginning of the second season of “Loki” begins exactly where the last episode of season one ended: With TVA in crisis, Sylve missing after murdering Kang, Hunter C-20 and Morbius trying to tell the truth to all employees at TVA, and the public’s favorite, Loki, lost in a timeline where no one knows him. If you want to see a recap from the first season, click here and go to TikTok.

Marvel is trying to do different things in this “Multiverse Saga” but it is not working. The production quality has been decreasing. “Black Panther” (2018) raised $1 billion dollars, but “Eternals” (2021) did not raise half a billion dollars.

“Loki” makes references to “X-Men” with the door and this raises public expectations significantly, and if nothing happens, if any character of “X-Men” appears in the show, this will be terrible to Marvel and the fans. For a long time Marvel has been doing this problem, but I don’t think that they will introduce the mutants on a television show, they will show this big deal in the theaters. Maybe they will show one character like Rogue or Nightcrawler, but we don’t have any idea, just a hypothesis.

We can see that time travel is a problem in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), because in “Avengers:Endgame” they create the rules for the MCU. “Changing the past doesn’t change the future,” Hulk says in “Avengers: Endgame”, and this is not consistent with what is happening in this season of “Loki”. The god of lies is going to the past and talking with people, which affects what’s happening in the present. Maybe they will say “on TVA the rules of time are different…” but, in my opinion this fits in a bad way. 

Even with all the controversies, it is still a series with a lot of potential. So I recommend that you follow along on Disney Plus every Thursday at 9 p.m.. I hope we have a great story and a great ending.