The Wildcat Roar

The Student News Site of Novi High School

The Wildcat Roar

The Wildcat Roar

Daniel Tobis joins as new Coordinator of Fine Arts and Activities

Daniel+Tobis%2C+is+the+new+coordinator+of+fine+arts+and+activities.+Tobis+oversees+all+clubs+and+related+activities+at+the+high+school.+
Candice
Daniel Tobis, is the new coordinator of fine arts and activities. Tobis oversees all clubs and related activities at the high school.

Daniel Tobis, coordinator of fine arts and activities, is a new member of the Wildcat team. Students are able to join a variety of activities and different clubs outside of classes, and Tobis’s job is to organize the process for students interested in these activities.

Prior to working at Novi High School, Tobis worked as a science teacher at the middle school in this district for a year. Before that he taught math for high schoolers for about 10 years in Waterford. 

His primary responsibilities are to oversee clubs and activities district wide.

“I’m trying to streamline the club process for all grades, so kind of doing what we do here at the high school so some kids at Meadows also have things to do after school,” Tobis said.

Tobis has enjoyed working with students outside of classrooms in various ways through running a chess club, link crew, softball coaching at the middle school, and baseball coaching. He aims to be someone students can rely on.

“In this position, I hope to be a go to and a resource for people in clubs and activities,” Tobis said. “Someone who’s just generally present to help facilitate clubs and activities district wide.”

He is excited for the variety in his new schedule and not having to do the same things everyday, like most teachers and students have to deal with on a day to day. If you have any questions about clubs or activities being held you can contact Mr. Tobis [email protected]