Unpopular Opinion – Schoology

Schoology seems to get a lot of hate from everyone. I don’t think a class goes by without a teacher or student making a comment about how bad the system is. No one seems to like it at all. 

I feel like I’m the only person who likes Schoology.  

Understandably, it hasn’t held up very well, with systems crashing every once in a while. But that is to be expected. So many schools are using Schoology as well during this pandemic. You expect there to be a few bumps and bruises along the way. 

To me, Schoology is not only efficient, but also easy to use. Your materials are all right in front of you, and most teachers put assignments into well organized folders making them easy to find. 

When I get ready for school I simply just open up Schoology and all my classes are on my home page. One click and I’m in the class with all my materials, grades, assignments, and upcoming quizzes. If I ever have any questions I can simply email any peers or teachers through Schoology. 

I can’t be the only person who likes Schoology. It has made the transition from in person to online a lot smoother.

I may be a little biased toward Schoology. I used it in middle school, so when the transition from Google Classroom to Schoology came two years ago, it wasn’t hard for me. 

People don’t like change. Having to learn a new system for teachers and students is hard. This new normal we have is honestly pretty good. 

I don’t think we understand how lucky we are as Novi High School students. Many schools don’t have the technology or funding to support students through these difficult times. 

Schoology is a good platform and used by so many schools across the country. Though it may not be a popular opinion I’m willing to back it up any day.